Note: These features are part of the Visforms Subscription and are not included in the free Visforms version.
For a better understanding, we recommend reading the documentation completely and using the
Relationships explained in earlier sections of the documentation are not repeated here.
Activate the plugin in the plugin manager
Note: Please make sure you have installed your Visforms Subscription.
You must then activate the plugin in the plugin manager before you can use it.
To do this, go to the “System” menu item in the administration of your Joomla installation and then to the “Plugins” entry on the “Manage” tile. Locate the plugin’s entry named “Content Plugin - Visforms Data”. To do this, use the search filter above the plugin list.
The plugin is activated when you see a green tick in the status column. It’s disabled when there’s a gray circle with a white X in its place. In this case, click once on the gray circle to activate the plugin.
Note: If the plugin is not activated, then the string with which you insert the data into the article will not be deleted from the article.
Prepare the form
Visforms attaches great importance to secure forms and the protection of submitted user input. Therefore, you have to make some basic settings before you can display form data in the frontend.
- To do this, go to the “Components” menu item in the Joomla administration and then to the “Visforms” sub-item.
- Open the form whose data you want to release for the frontend view.
- Go to the “Result” tab in the form and activate the “Save result” option.
Only then will submitted form data be saved in the database.
- Switch to the “Data display in the frontend” tab.
- Activate the option “Allow frontend data view”.
- If you want to show the fields “ID”, “IP”, “Modified” or “Date” (with or without time) in the data view, the visibility for these fields must not be set to “do not show”.
This information is stored in the Visforms data table along with the submitted user input.
- If necessary, enable the “Publish data automatically” option.
If this option is deactivated, you always have to publish all submitted form data manually before they are visible in the frontend.
- Now switch to the field configuration of the form by clicking on the “Fields” button.
- You must explicitly allow display in the frontend for each field whose data you want to display in the frontend or whose data you want to use for data record selection.
- Open each field whose data you want to display in the frontend, one after the other.
In the field configuration, go to the “Advanced” tab.
There, set the value for the “Display in frontend” option to “List and detail” or “Only in list” or “Only in detail”.
Which of these three settings you choose is irrelevant when using the “Content Plugin - Visforms Data” plugin.
After you have made these basic settings, please go to the next section and follow the instructions: Form data in article.